This 2 day trip to Ninh Binh will cover the most highlights of Ninh Binh: visit to Hoa Lu – the ancient Royal Capital of Vietnam and Tam Coc with Halong type views of majestic limestone cliffs and mysterious yet inviting caves; morning cycling around the peaceful countryside and climbing Mua Cave and Van Long Nature Reserve of wetlands.
What to expect
- Visit to Hoa Lu – the ancient Royal Capital of Vietnam.
- Relaxing boat trip on Tam Coc & Van Long wetland with spectacular scenery.
- Enjoy thhe peaceful countryside and climbing mountain to Mua Cave,
- Enjoy local delicacies and take part in a cooking class to learn more about local cuisine.
- Funny biking tour around the countryside of this peaceful natural reserve.
Hanoi – Hoa Lu, Tam Coc – Mua Cave – Van Long Floating Village
Day 1. Hanoi – Ninh Binh – Hoa Lu – Tam Coc (L, D)
Morning depart from Hanoi to Ninh Binh, located in the marshy Red River delta, featuring a network of waterways coupled with spectacular limestone formations rising up from rice paddy fields. Spend one hour visiting the Dinh and Le temples of the Ancient Capital Hoa Lu which are dedicated to King Dinh and King Le, the founders of the ancient capital during the 10th century.
Transfer to your hotel for checking in, take rest and have lunch at restaurant with local specialties.
Afternoon, continue drive to Tam Coc (you might opt out for riding a bicycle) and boarding a small sampan to visit Tam Coc which means literally “Three Caves”. With Halong type views of majestic limestone cliffs and mysterious yet inviting caves, as well as countryside sights like peaceful streams, rice paddies and deserted green fields, Tam Coc really has it all.
Have dinner at restaurant and overnight at hotel in Ninh Binh.
You can also opt for this evening cooking class with a local family and enjoy your own dinner (what-you-have-cooked)
Day 2. Mua Cave – Van Long Floating Village – Hanoi (B, L)
After breakfast, hop on a bike and cycle to Mua cave with stunning countryside with rice fields, buffalo, goats…along the road (4km biking to Mua cave). You start walking up to the top of the mountain for a panoramic view of Tam Coc area and the stunning countryside surrounding. Descending and visit Hang Mua and a fairy stream for relaxing.
Check out your hotel and enjoy the lunch at restaurant.
Continue to Van Long floating village (wetland) then take a boat trip for 2 hours rowing along this beautiful wetland of Van Long Natural Reserve, enjoying spectacular scenery surrounded by rice paddies and towering limestone mountain peaks.
Drive back to Hanoi late in the afternoon. 18.00 Trip ends at your hotel.
Private tour Hanoi – Ninh Binh 2 days:
(USD per person in private group)
|Hotel class||2 pax||3-5 pax||6-8 pax||9 pax up
|Superior (Ninh Binh Legend hotel)||$175||$150||$116||$105|
|Deluxe (Emeralda Resort)||$208||$182||$148||$137|
- Riding a bike through the countryside to Tam Coc or Van Long: $5/person.
- Cooking class by local artist chef in Tam Coc: US$20/person.
Not fit your requirement? Feel free to contact us to plan this trip and get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Transfer in air-conditioned vehicle, pick up & drop off at hotel
- Hotel or homestay accommodation in double/twin shared basic,
- Meals as mentioned in the program (B: breakfast, L: lunch, D: dinner)
- English speaking tour guide,
- Boat trip as mentioned,
- All admission fees for sightseeing mentioned in itinerary,
- Complementary mineral water.
- Other meals & drinks
- Travel insurance,
- Tips, personal expenses and other not clearly mentioned above.
Request a quote
Just fill in this below form to send your request for a quotation or customization, your booking is confirmed only when we make final deal via email.