Duong Lam Ancient Village has a history of about 1,200 years with many houses dating back to 400 years. One special thing about the village is that most of the houses here are made of laterite and mud, two materials that are abundant in the area. Laterite is used on house walls, gates, wells, temple walls, and so forth. This 1 day tour Duong Lam village to bring you discover the typical architecture and lifestyle of northern Vietnam rural communities.
What to expect
- Discover the religion with a visit to an old typical pagoda – Tay Phuong pagoda
- A great chance explore architecture of a typical Vietnamese traditional houses while wandering along its narrow alleyways.
- Walking around village to chat with locals to learn more about their local lifestyle as well as gain an insight into Vietnamese countryside.
- Enjoy authentic meal with local host and experience the hospitality of the family.
- Visit some temples and pagodas, peaceful countryside surrounding.
Duong Lam village tour
8.30 Pick up at your the hotel then transfer to Duong Lam ancient village about 50km away from Hanoi. Stopover on the way to visit Tay Phuong pagoda – the best example of old typical pagoda in the northern of Vietnam. Move to visit Va temple (20 minutes) and continue to Duong Lam village (optional riding a bike about 2km). Visit the gate, Mong Phu communal house, one of typical local ancient house, see daily life and enjoy local products. You can also take part in preparing the lunch with the host and learn how to make spring rolls, have lunch here with the host.
Touring around the village to visit some cultural and historical vestiges in Duong Lam such as: Giang Van Minh worship-house, Princess Mia Palace and Temple, Mia pagoda, Phung Hung king’s temple, Ngo Quyen king’s temple and tomb.
Transfer back to Hanoi and drop at your hotel about 3.00pm. Tour ends.
Private Duong Lam village tour:
|No of travelers||2 pax||3-5 pax||6-8 pax||9 pax up|
|Price in USD/person||$58||$46||$38||$32|
Not fit your requirement? Feel free to contact us to plan this trip and get the best possible price based upon your travel period and specific touring needs.
- Private transfer as specified in the itinerary,
- English-speaking tour guide,
- Lunch with a local family at their house,
- Entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the program,
- Mineral water.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- Other service not mentioned.
- Travel insurance.
Request a quote
Just fill in this below form to send your request for a quotation or customization, your booking is confirmed only when we make final deal via email.